15 September 2009

Election Day

Today is election day and I'm not really sure how I feel about it exactly. I don't want to get too excited because then I'll be really disappointed if I lose. I have a feeling that we will be having a run-off, so I'll have to wait patiently again tomorrow. I have a lot of things on my mind though; this is just another thing to toss in there.

This past weekend I had some drama with my "closest friend" here. The quicky version of the story is that I had said I liked a guy at the beginning of the night and by the end of the night she was hardcore flirting with him. This really hurt my feelings because I have gone out of my way to be nice to this girl. So we had a minor argument on Friday night and I left her house saying I would see her on Monday. On Monday she comes into school and is acting like she is mad at me which is making my life sooo awkward which I HATE! So today, I decided to talk to her about what was going on and I basically said that I can't deal with the awkwardness and it needs to stop.

I actually feel worse after talking to her though because she basically said she doesn't remember most of Friday night, and she apologized but it didn't seem very sincere. I know that I will NEVER trust her again, and although I have forgiven her, I am still really hurt by what she did. Drinking is never an excuse to stab a friend in the back; even if you are blackout drunk (which she claims to be) you still know at the time that your actions are wrong.

My plan is to just keep her at a safe distance and be nice, but know that she can never really be my friend again. As my friend said on Saturday, I'm a very loyal friend, and I think that is why I am so upset because I could never imagine knowingly doing something like that to someone I considered my friend. I also heard that she has been talking about me behind my back, but I didn't mention that because it's better to just let things slide with her.

Other than that drama, I have had a really good week study-wise. I managed to get pretty ahead last week so that I could take a break this weekend which proved to be life-saving. I can't imagine having to study on Saturday after getting home at 4 am the night before!

I actually have to run though so I can keep my streak going!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment