10 September 2009

10 September 2009

Hello All,

It's 6 am here and I've been up for an hour already doing work and research. I never would have thought that I would end up being a morning person. I get now why people leave law school ready for the "real world;" they make it impossible to succeed if you don't completely commit. I still love school, but it does make it difficult when trying to update this thing.

On top of the fact that I have no time, I also have nothing fun or exciting to talk about. I guess the only thing worth mentioning is that I am running for a position with the SBA (Student Bar Association which is basically the student government). I'm for honor board representative; this position involves investigating any honor code violations and having a hearing, if necessary, to decide the consequences. Hopefully I will get elected, but there are ten people running so we'll see. I'm also involved with the international law society, hereinafter referred to as ILS, and the business law society, hereinafter referred to as BLS. I'm not very interested in business law, but my friend's roommate is the president and he notified Natalie and I that we would be joining BLS before school started. I also forgot one other organization that I have been forced to join... La Alianza which is the Latin Law Student Society, hereinafter referred to as Alianza. I'm sure you can imagine how well I fit into that group!

The only other things I have going on are sleeping, eating (I've been cooking every night and packing my lunch everyday for school), cleaning my apartment because my roommate is a pig, and occasionally going out. This week there is an Abita pub crawl (Abita is a beer brewed in New Orleans), and next week is a Bar Review (an SBA sponsored event where they use funds from the school to buy kegs and food and they have the whole school go to a bar and eat and drink for free). Other than that I just read, read, read.

I hope the first week of school was a success for everyone back home. I'll try to be more diligent about updating.

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment