10 August 2009

On the Plane

Wednesday 5 August 2009

And so it begins… I’m sitting on the plane now waiting for takeoff and thanking whatever power is up there that the packing is FINALLY done! I should have video recorded my struggle with the vacuum suck bags last night because it was pretty hilarious. I forgot all my pillows so I had to squish the air out of those suckers and shove them in my suitcase. My very gracious roommate offered to pick me up from the airport which is awesome., but he has a two-seater car so I had to stuff 25 pounds of potatoes into a 5 pound bag. I joked that I have to open it in an open field or with a pole because it could be dangerous when I unlock it. It should be interesting to say the least!

For those of you who are already missing me (which should be all of you!) I’ve already booked my flight for Christmas vacation so I’ll be home before you know it! I’ll New York bound on December 22 and New Orleans bound again on either the 1st or the 2nd of January (I can’t recall which day it is).

It’s feels so weird to be going back to school again… I would just like to point out that I really AM going BACK to school because when I decided to take a year off everyone told me I wouldn’t go back so HA HA to anyone who said that! I’m excited about it and nervous all at the same time… I know that I will be fine, but it’s still a little weird to think about being back in the classroom and studying. I’m sure that I’ll love it though because I am a super nerd. The first thought I had this morning was that I am actually doing it… going to law school! How crazy is that?! When I was young I used to write journals every now and then about what I wanted to be when I grew up and it was either a surgeon or a lawyer so I’m pretty proud of myself for actually getting to this point. I think this is the first time that I have ever really been proud of myself… I have to say it’s a pretty cool feeling. I hope that all of those kiddies of ours get to feel this way when they “grow up.”

Well I guess that’s all for now; I’m going to try to write as frequently as possible but I can’t make any promises. I’ll miss all of you and I’ll be home before you know it! Also, I wanted to thank everyone who either brought their kids over or took me out to say goodbye. I always appreciate all that you do to make me feel special!

No comments:

Post a Comment