24 August 2009

19 August 2009

So I know it’s been a while since I last updated but I’ve been very busy trying to make and keep friends. I had coffee with a recent alumni who is in charge of the placements for the pro bono week and he told me that Michelle (the leader of my placement) told him that I am very social which was confirmed for myself at the social event last night. The event was called Rock ‘n’ Bowl which involved the law school bussing everyone from our class to a bowling alley where they provided unlimited free beer and wine. Last night confirmed my social nature because I was actively bowling in three different lanes and hopping around among a few different groups of people. Natalie the girl I’ve become really close with isn’t as social (by social I mean she likes to keep a small group of hand-picked people) as I am so I pop around and try to meet as many people as possible. They also provided some wine and beer after our first day of orientation today. It was at this point that it suddenly became clear to me why Tulane is the number two party law school in the nation!

So today was the first day of orientation and I got my schedule and we took an oath saying that we would uphold the professions rules… after which I turned to my friends and said that we had instantly become less fun. They also told us that we have officially become lawyers because apparently the definition is “one who studies or practices law.” That part is pretty cool, but when my parents asked me if I felt like “the shit” my reaction was “well, I do feel like shit but not the shit.” When they say that the first year they scare you to death, they don’t lie.

To be continued….

No comments:

Post a Comment